* The ideal setup should have your PC at the front of your play space. The main retracting unit is placed above your PC, as high on the wall as possible. However, please make sure that you don't install the mounting bracket right under the ceiling, otherwise you will not be able to slide the unit on to the bracket.
* While you are at the front of your play space facing the PC, walk backwards towards the back of your play space. As you get to the middle of your play space, look up, that's where your first guide wire will go. The first guide wire should be centered across from your PC, in the middle of your play space. There is some flexibility with placement, especially if you have a fan or a light fixture, but for reference purposes the first guide wire should be right around the middle of your play space.
* From the middle of your play space, continue to walk backwards towards the back of your play space. You can run the second guide wire 6 to 7 feet back from the first guide wire. The ideal distance between guide wires is 6 feet. Maximum distance between guide wires is 8 feet. The second guide wire will almost always be behind you while you play.
* The white guide wires are elastic, so you can stretch them an extra 10"-12". If you only have 2'-3' ft of clearance between the top of your head and the ceiling, stretching the guide wires helps to keep the VR cable higher above your head.
*You don't need to use the coiled lanyard on the middle guide wire if you can reach the guide wires comfortably or if you don't have a ceiling fan.
* If you have high ceilings, you can make the dynamic retractor easier to reach by adjusting the small screw using an Allen wrench (not included) under the silicone covered adjustment located on the string. You should also use the additional coiled lanyard on the middle guide wire. This lanyard is intended for making the VR cable go under ceiling fans, but it also makes it easier to set up if you have high ceilings.
* We recommend using small hooks instead of the loops on the end of the guide wires, it makes it easier to hook them on the ceiling hooks.
* The guide wires are stiff, so you can hold them about a foot from the end, making it much easier to hook the guide wires on to the ceiling without needing a chair.
* If you have an issue with screwing a hook into the end of a guide wire because the hole is blocked, cut that end off with a pair of wire cutters.
* The velcro strap should be wrapped relatively tight around your cable, but not so tight that you can't make the necessary adjustments shown in the video.
* Please see our FAQ's for additional information, or email us if you need help with setting up the system, we are always here to help!
VR WIRE II - INCLUDED PARTS